It is often difficult to unlock your Huawei phone when you forgot your password. This is due to the fact that Huawei devices are manufactured based on the Android system and strictly complies with the information protection tool of the Android system. Therefore when a password is set on your device, it automatically encrypts all information on the device.
One thing about mobile phone password is that it can be forgotten and you may need to find a way to get into your device. However, there is a process that needs to be followed to be able to achieve that.
In this post, I’m going to provide you with two simple steps you can undertake to unlock your Huawei phone. These steps are strictly for Tablets and Phones.
How to unlock your Huawei phone
1.PrivateSpace has been enabled.
Huawei phones like the Honor comes with a feature called Private Space. This allows users to create their own secret area in their phone, without installing additional apps. Therefore, when restarting your phone with PrivateSpace enabled, and it is the first time to access your phone after a restart, you can only use the MainSpace password to unlock your Huawei phone and not the PrivateSpace.
2. Forgot the password for a phone running EMUI 5.X or later, or Magic UI 2X.
You can unlock your Huawei phone running EMUI 5.X and above, or Magic UI 2X by restoring your phone to its manufacturer settings to clear the previous password. Before you do this procedure make sure you’ve backed up your data using the Huawei cloud.
Here’s how to factory reset your Huawei phone.
- When the phone is powered off and not connected to a USB cable, press and hold the Volume up and Power buttons until the startup screen displays.
- Your phone then enters the Recovery mode menu screen.
- Select the factory data reset option using the Volume buttons, then press the Power button to confirm your selection.
- After the factory settings are restored, select the restart option to restart your phone.
Like I stated earlier, Huawei phones are developed based on the Android system and precisely complies with the information security protection mechanism of the Android system. Once the lock screen password is set on your phone, all the information on your phone will be encrypted. The phone manufacturer has no right to forcibly crack the password of a user as this would violate the privacy consumers.