Huawei official system updates keep their devices strong to withstand securityy threats and other mobile phone related vulnerabilities. For some strange reasons, other Huawei device fails to receive ‘Over The Air’ system updates and may require to opt for manual system updates.
There’s nothing wrong with manual updates, but it takes a bit of technical knowledge—and few people are up for it.
There are several reasons that hinder Huawei official system update. Some of the common reasons could be a rooted device or a modified version of your device software. If your Huawei phone has been rooted, you can back up your data and sort assistance from an authorized Huawei Customer Service Center. If your phone isn’t rooted, follow the steps below to troubleshoot:
Before troubleshooting ensure that;
- Your phone has a stable network connection.
- You have confirmed that the system update has been pushed or made available for your model and region, but no notification has been received on your device.
- The Huawei official system update has been pushed in batches, and it’s available for your phone model and region.
If you’re certain of the above, kindly follow these steps to fix it:
- Make sure that your phone has a stable Internet connection, and check for updates: Open Settings>System update [or Software update], and touch Check for updates.
- Clear cache for System update by performing the following procedure:
- EMUI 8.X or earlier: Open Settings, search for access Apps, locate and touch System update, and go to Storage > CLEAR DATA.
- EMUI 9.X or later and Magic UI 2.X: Open Settings, search for access Apps, locate and touch Software update, and go to Storage > CLEAR DATA.
Then go back to the home screen of Settings, search for System update [or Software update], and touch Check for updates. If no update can be found, go to > Download latest full package to check for the latest full package. Note: Download latest full package is no longer available since EMUI 9.0.1 and Magic UI 2.0.1.
Remember that the official system update is not released to all Huawei devices simultaneously, due to the wide range of applicable devices. Therefore, you may receive official system update notifications later than other devices.
For this reason, it is important to check frequently for official system updates and update your phone.