President Nana Akufo-Addo on 27th March addressed the people of Ghana. In his address, he made quote on COVID-19 that has gone viral. The quote from the president has received a lot of commendation from several world leaders.
The president made the quote as part of his address on the latest measures the country needs to launch with respects to control of the Coronavirus pandemic. In the specific quote, the president solidly declared that his government prioritise human lives that are at stake over the economy which can be restored.
On March 27, 2020, Ghana’s President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo addressed the nation. It was his fourth consecutive address since the country recorded its first Covid-19 case on the 12th March 2020. In the president’s address, he sought to give out directives to be followed by the nation to fight COVID-19.
— Nana Akufo-Addo (@NAkufoAddo) March 28, 2020
1. A very reputable TV programme aired around the globe captured it: Read more:
— Kojo Oppong Nkrumah (@konkrumah) March 30, 2020
2. Director-General of the World Health Organization made reference to it in one of his tweet.
Thank you for sending such a powerful message to the world, my brother @NAkufoAddo, President of #Ghana. Together, for a healthier, safer, fairer world! Together against #COVID19! https://t.co/6R9qGep1Wo
— Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus (@DrTedros) March 29, 2020
3. An advisor to Abu Dhabi Govt on Health Tech/Innovation who is also affiliated to the Faculty Harvard and Singularity Universities retweeted it and dubbed it ‘The quote of the Year
4. German Ambassador to Ghana made reference to it.
To the point👇 https://t.co/LMQd1lVLdy
— Christoph Retzlaff (@GermanAmbGhana) March 29, 2020
5. Professor & Chair of Global Public Health at Edinburgh University Medical School also retweeted it.
— Devi Sridhar (@devisridhar) March 29, 2020
6. Piers Morgan, popular English broadcaster, journalist, writer and fair to say a critic of many things doffed his applauded Akufo-Addo.
President of Ghana perfectly spells out the bottom line 👇 https://t.co/Naj0NVNuMP
— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) March 29, 2020
7. Clinical Psychologist and Director at UCONN Health showed some love to Akufo-Addo.
— Sherry Pagoto (@DrSherryPagoto) March 29, 2020
8. Science Journalist, Molecular Biologist and Contributing Correspondent at Science Magazine couldn’t agree more with Akufo-Addo.
“We know how to bring the economy back to life. What we do not know is how to bring people back to life.” Ghana’s president Nana Akufo-Addo with admirably clear messaging on #covid19 and economy. Plenty to learn from everywhere in the world if we listen. We’re in this together. https://t.co/6vaOHuwZZX
— Kai Kupferschmidt (@kakape) March 29, 2020