Apple’s MagSafe Charger is built to work with iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, Apple MagSafe accessories, and Qi-certified devices and accessories.
What this means is this beautiful fast charging device will never be compatible with iPhone 11 and below.
Setting t up your MagSafe charger for your smartphone or device
- Clear of any metal objects or other foreign material and place your MagSafe Charger face up.
- Connect the USB-C connector on your MagSafe to a 20 watt (W) or greater Apple USB-C power adapter.
- Your MagSafe needs a power adapter of at least 12 W of power, and your iPhone charges less quickly when using a power adapter that provides less than 20 W.
Related: SOLVED: Apple Watch won’t charge or it won’t turn on
- Before you place your iPhone on your MagSafe Charger, make sure that no objects [like credit cards, hotel key cards, or transit cards] or debris are between them. If your device has a metal case or if it’s very thick, remove it. Likewise, remove iPhone Leather Wallet with MagSafe. If you have a MagSafe case, you can leave it in place.
- Place your iPhone on your MagSafe Charger with the display facing up.
- When your iPhone starts to charge, you’ll see a charge indicator on the display.