The Google Pixel 6 December update took a while but finally, Google has released the massive update which is set to bring a lot of changes to the Pixel 6 lineups.
This special update brings in a lot of features in addition to the bugs it fixes that came with the novel released of the Android 12. This is going to be an important update for Google Pixel 6 owners, especially for those that have complained about bugs and performance on the Pixel.
The update was Schedule to roll out with a few different builds that will hit a lot of Google Pixel 6 devices. The updates according to Google will be dependant on your carrier or country. For example, most people will see, SQ1D.211205.017 as the US carrier build. Other builds to be aware of are SQ1D.211205.016.A1 [ for Canada and TW] and finally SQ1D.211205.016.A4 [EMEA carriers].
- UPDATE 12/15: Google added build SQ1D.211205.016.A5 for AU carriers today.
To check for the update manually, head to Settings>System>System update and tap the “Check for update” button.
Google Pixel 6 December update fixes so many bugs
We’ve put together some major changes and fixes this update brings below;
- Fix for issue occasionally preventing audio playback from speaker in certain conditions
- Fix for issue preventing Now Playing to search for unrecognized music
- General improvements for battery & thermal performance in certain conditions
- General improvements for fingerprint sensor stability & performance
- Fix for distorted audio over Bluetooth in certain scenarios
- General image quality improvements in camera preview/capture
- General improvements for camera stability & performance
- General improvements for auto-focus response in certain capture modes
- General improvements for color consistency in viewfinder preview
- Fix for issue causing blank viewfinder preview in certain conditions
- Add additional example images for display color options in Settings
- General improvements for Adaptive brightness response in certain conditions
- Fix for occasional screen flicker during brightness adjustment
- Fix for issue preventing Smooth Display to switch display refresh rate in certain conditions
- Fix for issue causing Play store app installation to pause indefinitely in certain conditions
- General improvements for network connection stability & performance
- Fix for issue preventing lift to wake and double tap to wake in certain conditions
- Fix for issue preventing Always-on-display from turning on in certain conditions
- Fix for issue causing unexpected haptics or vibration in certain conditions
- Improvements for Internet tile in Quick Settings
- Fix for issue causing persistent app media controls in notification shade in certain conditions
Notwithstanding, the above list entails only a tiny portion of what Google fixed. The full list of bugs that have been fixed might be the biggest we have ever seen in a monthly update for Google Pixel device.
It is quite understandable since the Android 12 came preinstalled on the Google Pixel 6 arrived with major changes to the platform that Google is still trying to maneuver its way around.
Important links for people who want to flash updates manually: