The Canon camera recently made it apparent for owners to use some of its DSLRs and mirrorless cameras as an upgraded webcam on a Mac.
This is certainly a welcome improvement for people who have abandoned physical meetings for video conferencing amid the coronavirus pandemic. Find in this post an easy step that you can take set up a Canon camera as a welcome on MacBook;
How to Install Canon camera EOS Webcam Utility Beta?
- Double-tap the zip file to extract the package file.
- Double-tap the extracted package file to begin the installation.
- On the intro page of the installer, tap “Continue.”
- On the Software License Agreement page, read everything and then tap “Continue”, then “Agree.”
- Confirm the location it will be installed in by tapping “Install.”
- If any apps are running that will affect installation, a pop notice would be visible to close them. Tap “Close Applications and Install.” and you can approve the installation after that.
- A notice would then warn that your Mac will be restarted after the installation process is wrapped up. Tap “Continue Installation.”
- When you see this confirmation that installation was successful, tap “Restart.”
How to Use Canon EOS Webcam Utility Beta?
- Get a USB cable inserted into the Canon camera. The port is mostly located on the left-hand side of the camera, beneath a flap.
- Connect the USB cable to the Mac.
- Set the camera into “Movie Mode.” if there is one available. Access the settings menu of your video conferencing app and choose “EOS Webcam Utility Beta” from the list of webcam sources.